Sunday, January 24, 2016

Who needs a yoga mat


So why are the kids laying in the driveway...at night...and with snow everywhere?





Dad asked what they wanted to do...you know sled, play in the snow, go in and read or play a game before bed.  Yoga...yup they asked to do yoga.  Dad said inside? Nope outside, and thus the impromptu yoga from the fun channel we found on youtube started.

I think it is the stillness.  The snow brings quite, a time to reflect, be still.  I was out this morning taking pictures...
 

The girls were not having it, decided the coop and their oatmeal treat was the only way to go...


I just wanted to sit down meditate, or just listen to my breath.  The silence and beauty all around was amazing.  Kids just do, they don't overthink or have the boxes and labels we do as adults.  They think they can, so they do.  They feel and are connected to this world on a deeper level, though they may not always express it in words.  It is important we give them tools so they can express what they are feeling around them...this time it was yoga.  They sat down and connected with the earth, the beautiful snow and stillness around them.  It was fun to watch their concentration, they just trusted and did it.  No second guessing or questioning, it just was.  They came inside happy and had the best time playing trains together before bed.
I hope you can find stillness this week, reset and be the awesomeness that I know you are...

This print sits on my dresser as a reminder.  If you like the art check out Katie Daisy!  I love her work

ps I have a whole post about kids, yoga and that channel I was talking about, coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment